Amazon Prime Day begins today and I have some facts, tips and early deals so you can get the best out of the online retailer’s 48 hours of sales.
First, make sure you have an Amazon Prime subscription. It’s only $10 a month with a free month trial offer. And if you happen to be a student you can also get Amazon Prime free for six months.
After you’ve signed up, make sure you download the app and start adding items to your cart. Once you do that, Amazon will send you instant notifications if the price drops!
You can also track upcoming lightning deals by clicking today’s deals then upcoming. You can click “watch this deal” on any item that’s more than ten minutes away by adding it to your shopping list. You’ll get notified the second your item’s deal “strikes.”
As excited as some people may be over the Amazon event, the company is asking customers to be aware of fraudulent deals and e-mails. Coupons will be made available by Amazon but watch out for e-mails offering steep coupons, they will redirect you to spoof sites and attempt to steal your personal information. Fortunately, there is a way to avoid being scammed, always check the source of the email for the @amazon.com email address.
But now on to the deals! Here are a few of the more notable bargains you’ll find over the next two days!
1. Echo Dot—$22 (Save $27.99)
2. Dash Rapid Egg Cooker—$14.99 (Save $3)
3. Kindle (newest model)—$59.99 (Save $30)
4. AncestryDNA Test Kit—$49 (Save $50)
5. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter—$9.89 (Save $7.58)
6. Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Headphones on Amazon—$298 (Save $52)
7. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush—$195.97 (Save $83.98)
8. Instant Pot Duo Plus 6 Qt Pressure Cooker—$55.99 (Save $73.96)
9. Ring Video Doorbell 2—$139.99 (Save $60)
10. Eufy RoboVac 11S—$149 (Save $80.99)